Forgot Orkut Password? How to Recover Orkut account Password!
There are people who tend to forget their password frequently and on the other hand there are people who can’t remember their Orkut password while trying to sign in after a long time. Well, this is normal and there is nothing to worry about. Anyone can easily recover forgotten Orkut password by following some simple steps. But those simple steps require you to answer your security question and some other informations. Even if you don’t remember the answer to your security question anymore, you can use your secondary email address to verify your identity. Let’s know the step by step process to recover forgotten Orkut password.
Recover Forgotten Orkut Password
1. Go to www.orkut.com and click on I cannot access my account.
2. Clicking on that link will take you to Orkut password Assistance page. Select the first option called I forgot my password from the available options. Selecting the above option will show few more options like Reset your password now, Password Assistance Page (for orkut users who have associated a Google account with their Orkut profile) and another Password Assistance Page (for Orkut users who don’t have any Google account associated with their orkut profile).
3. Click on a Password Assistance Page, depending on your Orkut profile’s relationship with Google.
4. Now it will ask you to provide your email address associated with orkut. Write your email address associated with Orkut in the given box.
5. Fill up the captcha form to proceed. Now Google will take necessary steps to reset your password.
6. If you are not a Gmail user, Google will send you a email with complete instruction on how to reset your Orkut password.
7. If you are a Gmail user (have associated a Google account with Orkut), then following rules will be applied on you.
- If you have NOT signed in or tried to sign in within past 48 hours and have a secondary email address associated with your Google account, Google will send you an email with complete instructions on how to reset your password.
- If you have signed in or tried to sign in within past 48 hours, you have to wait for 5 days before being able to reset your password. After the specified time, click on Password Assistance Page, enter your email, fill up captcha and answer your security question. You will be now redirected to a page where you can reset your password to new ones without providing the old forgotten password.
8. You are done.
Remember that password is very confidential and worth remembering. Choose a simple and rare password for your account, that’s easy to remember but difficult for others to guess. But even if you forget orkut account password, you can follow the above steps to reset password and recover your Orkut account.
No related posts.